Children are the future of every country. When we make our children, we make the nation.
Education is both the means as well as the end to a better life: the means because it empowers an individual to earn his/her livelihood and the end because it increases one’s awareness on a range of issues – from healthcare to appropriate social behaviour to understanding one’s rights – and in the process help him/her evolve as a better citizen.
Doubtless, education is the most powerful catalyst for social transformation. But child education cannot be done in isolation. A child will go to school only if the family, particularly the mother, is assured of healthcare and empowered. Moreover, when an elder sibling is relevantly skilled to be employable and begins earning, the journey of empowerment continues beyond the present generation.
AN OVERVIEW OF OUR ACTIVITIES:
- We provide volunteers and sponsorships support to schools.
- We contact children who can not go to school or left school in mid way (orphans, homelessness, parents’ poverty, dependent on their children’s income)
- Work on the ground: we meet and convince the parents or responsible relatives
- We offer the children free education and provide food
- We provide volunteer teachers who want to teach in schools.
- Less than half of all Indian children aged 6-14 go to school
- 53% of girls between 5 and 9 years are illiterate